It’s May which means the beginning of wedding season is upon us! You know what that means? You need to basically be ready to coordinate your outfit, have your makeup on point, and make sure your hair is ready to go; pretty much EVERY weekend! The events continue till August, which is when the wedding festivities die down, at least in the South Asian community. No one wants wedding dates to clash with school (of course!)

I’ll be honest with you, I do really LOVE wedding season, though. I love the excuse to get full on dolled up, I mean come on, who doesn’t?! I love the big bold accessories, the vibrant colors of the outfits, and I’ve never met a pair of heels that I considered “too high.”

This past weekend we attended a lovely wedding reception. It was a beautiful ceremony and the bride and groom looked so happy. It’s always fun to be a part of the wedding happiness!

So we all know illusion dresses are totes in right now, and I think my outfit falls in that category. I love this outfit, and i paired it with some bold silver earrings (jhumkas), because I pretty much didn’t need a necklace. The whole look was brought together by these gorgeous black peep toed gold/black heels.

IMG_7187
Wedding look
IMG_7211
Full length outfit details

Hair and make up was all done by myself, if you want product details, let me know!

7 Comments on Wedding Reception Look

1. demiannee
    May 18, 2015 at 5:55 pm (4 years ago)

You look gorgeous! Love the accessories and statement colours

• Sara Wadud
      May 18, 2015 at 6:06 pm (4 years ago)

Awww! Thank you so much Demianne, you are so sweet!

2. blueyesandtanlines
    May 19, 2015 at 8:48 am (4 years ago)

Your makeup looks amazing here, so pretty! I love wedding season too.. or really any excuse to get all dolled up!

• Sara Wadud
      May 19, 2015 at 12:08 pm (4 years ago)

Thank you doll!! I know any excuse to get dolled up and I’m there! You are so sweet!

3. Sprinkle of Surprise
    May 20, 2015 at 10:36 am (4 years ago)

Love the makeup! Have a wedding to go to myself this weekend and cant wait to doll myself up haha! Would love if you would follow me back here, would love the support of a fellow desi girl! 🙂

• Sara Wadud
      May 20, 2015 at 3:14 pm (4 years ago)

Thank you so much Sprinkle of Surprise! Can’t wait to see your dolled up look and I’d love to check out your blog. Us desi girls totally need to stick together! 😉

• Sprinkle of Surprise
        May 21, 2015 at 11:54 am (4 years ago)

Thanks! Yes, i’ll be doing a post on this wedding, this weekend once the events are complete. Yes, we totally do! Would love if you would follow me on instagram as well, just posted the link yesterday on my blog! 🙂